Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Week One

Well, we have a little over a week down already! We are enjoying every second with him. He has his days and nights mixed up right now and sleeping a lot during the day which is hard for feeding. He is wide awake during the night so Erik and I are not getting much sleep. We are taking shifts right now so we can each get some type of sleep. Keaton had his first pediatrician appt last Friday and he lost a couple ounces so the doctor wanted us to supplement with formula to help gain that weight back. My milk doesn't seem to be coming in enough so I may have to switch to formula...we shall see. We had a follow up appt on Tues to check his weight and he did gain a couple ounces but not as much as the doctor wanted to see. I'm trying to feed him as much as I can (every 2 hours) but he sleeps so much and I can't get him interested. The formula supplementing does seem to work better so like I said, I may have to switch to formula...whatever will be best for Keaton.

I've been getting lots of flowers and gifts delivered to the house which is always fun to get. My friends and family have been very supportive this past week checking in to see if I need anything, bringing food over, or just sitting with me to keep my company. Today is the first day on my own (Erik has a full day of work outside the house) so I hope it goes well. He is sleeping right now and probably will for awhile since he didn't sleep at all last night.

I'll leave you all with a couple pics from the week. I hope to update again soon. Thanks for thinking of me!! : )








No comments: