Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

HE IS HERE!!!!!!!

SURPRISE!!! Keaton Thomas made his arrival into the world Monday July 13th at 7:11am weighing in at 7lbs. 1.8oz and 19 inches long. He is the most beautiful little guy ever...Erik and I are so in love!!!

Sunday July 12th at 10:25pm my water suddenly breaks as I am falling asleep in bed. I immediately jumped up (to avoid a big mess) and ran to the bathroom. It was a HUGE gush of water and it just kept coming out for a good 10-15 minutes. As I was trying to clean up a bit, Erik called the doctor and she wanted us to get into the hospital right away and we met my mom there. We arrived at the hospital around 11:15pm and got all hooked up as well as had an exam to see how far along I was. At this point I was about 3cm and 90% effaced. I got set up in my room and labored for awhile however the pain was getting rather unbearable close to 2am. I really thought I could handle the pain but it was intense to say the least. I asked for the epidural and it was HEAVENLY!!! I HIGHLY recommend getting one. I fell asleep for a few hours and the midwife came in around 6am to check me. Right away she said the head was right there and I was very ready to push. I was shocked that I was ready to go so fast and so was my mom and Erik. They got everything ready to go and I started pushing around 6:30am. It only took a couple pushes and Keaton Thomas arrived at 7:11am. It was a pretty quick and painless birth (after the epidural). The staff at Holy Spirit are AWESOME!!!! They helped me every step of the way and gave me great tips for breast feeding...which is going very well by the way. He was nursing within minutes after he arrived.

Both Keaton and I are doing well and I hope to have more updates for you soon. : )











11 comments:

Becki said...

Oh my gosh, what a surprise! He's definitely a little cutie! Congratulations!

C and M said...

Lesli, he's precious. Congrats!!

Jess said...

AHHHH!!!! Congrats Lesli & Erik!! Welcome Keaton! What a surprise!!

Cortney said...

What a great early surprise! Congrats!!!

Allie said...

Congrats Lesli on your new bundle of joy! Keaton is handsome!

Life with Cole said...

Congratulations! I have enjoyed following your blog as I am just a few days behind you. I doubt I will have my little guy today though. Keaton is adorable and I am so happy for you and Erik!!

Lena said...

Congratulations Lesli! Keaton is absolutely perfect. Can't wait to read updates.

Unknown said...

Hey! He is so adorable. I wish I had known - I would have came back from vacation early! Can't wait to see the little guy!! Lots of love- Adrian

Megan said...

He's beautiful! Congratulations!

Katie (frecklygrrl) said...

Congrats! He is a cutie.

Anonymous said...

Please tell me it worked right? I dont want to sumit it again if i do not have to! Either the blog glitced out or i am an idiot, the second option doesnt surprise me lol. thanks for a great blog!