Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Del is recovering and Keaton is growing...

Del is home and recovering from his surgery. He is on 3 different medications and 2 of them are pills that are a little difficult to give to him. We are hiding it in bread and so far he seems to swallow it ok. Taking him out to the bathroom is another story...I have to try and hold a baby and carry Del out because he can't go up and down steps. I just want my baby boy to recover quickly because I have a hard time looking at him hobble on 3 legs. Here are a couple pics of my little guy. They had to shave his leg for the incision. : ( We made a little house for him and he will be stuck in it for the next 12 weeks!!


Tuesday we had our 2 week pediatrician appt. Keaton now weighs 7lbs. 10oz. Doctor was VERY pleased with the weight gain and told us to keep doing what we are doing. I was afraid to tell him that I switched to formula...I thought he would give me some lecture but he didn't. He didn't have a problem with it and said that I need to do whatever is best for the family. It was nice to hear that and it made me feel better. Anyway, Keaton also grew in length...he is now 21 inches (up from 19 when he was born, however birth measurements aren't always the most accurate). Dr. said Keaton is very healthy and he was happy to see him so happy. Next appt isn't until 2 months...I will be anxious to see what he weighs then. Keaton is sure eating a lot right now...he must be going through a growth spurt. He's eating every 2-3 hours and sometimes taking 4oz. He mostly takes 2-3oz but he sure likes to eat.


No comments: