Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 25, 2009

I Lost How Much?!?!?!

I decided to weigh myself yesterday and I couldn't believe my eyes!!!!! I am 18 lbs. LESS than I was when I first got pregnant!!! I LOST 18 POUNDS, HOLY CRAP! I am wearing some old clothes that I NEVER thought I would get back into. Thank you gestational diabetes, even though you were a huge pain to deal with while pregnant...you do have a positive side! And yes, I did get my peanut butter cup blizzard from DQ just days after giving birth. It was HEAVEN!

Keaton is doing so well!!! Erik and I have a great routine down for sleeping. Erik sleeps up in our bedroom from 10pm-2am so he can get some good sleep while I sleep down in the living room with Keaton in the pack n play. We then switch and I go upstairs from 2am-6-7am (ish) and Erik comes downstairs with Keaton. Keaton is sleeping about 3 hour clips right now (which is great for only being 1.5 weeks old) so we are feeling pretty rested. WAY better than what we were getting when I was nursing. Switching to formula has been the BEST decision for us and I really feel much better about it. He is way more happy and content now. I know that he wasn't getting much of anything while nursing. He was always crying for more to eat and I couldn't give it to him since my milk was not coming in. I love to see how happy he is now. Erik and I caught a HUGE smile on his face yesterday when he started to fall asleep. It was the cutest thing EVER! I wish I had a picture of it but hopefully I will catch one soon.

Here are some pics of me post pregnancy and a couple of my little boy. Enjoy!




4 comments:

Becki said...

You look AMAZING (and very well rested for a mom with a 1.5 week old)! I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better about the formula decision. Keaton will be all the better for it now that you're a more relaxed momma. I know I said before he is the spitting image of Erik, but I see you in these pictures. Congratulations again!

Jess said...

You look awesome!!

banbear2 said...

I am jealous, you look great!! Um, why didn't my diabetes work that way?? And I felt exactly the same way about bf'ing. It's the exact same reason that I stopped.

Unknown said...

You look incredible! I'm so glad everything is going well. Keaton is beautiful!

I hope Del recovers quickly!