Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 1, 2009

Week 31

One week down on the GD diet...9 more to go! I've been doing so well with the GD diet so far...no high numbers yet and let's hope it stays that way. I even went to Hersheypark this past weekend and had a not so healthy lunch (hard to find something diabetic friendly there) and my number stayed low...I was surprised! It really isn't all that bad, it's just having to be on a strict schedule is the worst. I'm constantly looking at the clock to make sure I don't miss meal time, snack time or testing time. It gets a little difficult to make plans at times since I have to make sure I have time to test or bring along a snack if I am out longer than 3 hours. Other than that, it isn't too bad. I'm definitely getting my exercise too. I walk every day after breakfast and after dinner.

This past week we had our last child birth class! :( We will definitely miss these and all the wonderful people we met. We exchanged emails so we could stay in touch and email pics of our little ones as they arrive. Who knows...maybe some of us will be delivering at the same time.

We also had an OB appt and the midwife was very pleased with my GD numbers. I've only been doing it a week at that point and she loved that I didn't have any high numbers. She also said that they like to see it under 140 one hour after a meal instead of 120. Phew...that is nice to have that extra wiggle room. It sometimes gets hard to get it under that 120 mark...however most of my numbers don't even get over 100 after a meal.

Erik and I went to Hersheypark this past weekend since we had free tickets (from the Hershey Bears). I knew that I wouldn't be able to ride anything but it was a gorgeous day to just walk around and watch people. We did go visit Zoo America for awhile, play some arcade games, had some lunch and watched the sea lion show. It was a nice day but I didn't last too long (about 4 hours) since all that walking was getting difficult. It was fun nonetheless. : )

This coming week I have my big salon appt! I'm getting my hair cut (can't take the longer hair...it's getting chopped), getting my nails done and having a pedicure. I can't WAIT! I will look all pretty for my baby shower next week. I'm sorry to those that liked my hair growing out but it is driving me insane and I totally miss that wash and go hair style. I'm sick of using the blow dryer and sick of having NO style to my hair plus it will be so much more convenient for when Keaton arrives. After talking to several friends and family....about 90% of you liked my hair better short. Thanks...I needed that reassurance that I'm making a good decision to cut it. I agree that I got hundreds of compliments on my hair when it was short...now I get nothing. I'll be sure to post pics next week. Below is a recent pic (taken on Memorial Day) of my longer hair. Yuck...I can't stand it.

Fetal Development
From now until the end of your pregnancy, your baby will gain weight faster than he'll increase in length. By now the baby's lungs and digestive tract are nearly mature. Your baby's irises can now dilate and contract in response to light. Due to the deposits of white fat underneath the skin your baby's skin is no longer red, but is now the wonderful newborn pink color. His fingernails may reach the end of the hands, too. Your baby is now a little over 3 pounds and is 16 inches long.

You may worry that, if you are breathless from walking or sometimes even just sitting that your baby is in danger. This is not true. Your baby is getting plenty of oxygen from your placenta.

My Symptoms
- Round ligament pains
- Shortness of breath


31 week belly pic!

No comments: