Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, June 5, 2009

One Year Ago...

I remember that day...June 5th, 2008. I had gotten the news about a week earlier that my baby's heart stopped beating at 7 weeks pregnant. The shock and painful emotions were all too much to handle. I was scheduled for a D&C (procedure to have the fetus removed) on June 6th, 2008 but my body had a different plan. June 5th I started to miscarry naturally on its own. Emotions were all over the place that day. I was sad to be losing my baby for real, I was scared because I wasn't sure what to expect physically with having a miscarriage, and just the feeling of being out of control with everything. I remember sitting at work when it all started and the rush of tears that flowed down my face as I told my mom (I work with my parents) what was happening. Later that night, I ended up in the ER because the pain was getting out of control. It was the worst experience in my life and I hope to never have to go through it again....I hope NO ONE has to go through that.

We will never forget the baby that we lost one year ago today and I know he/she is in a better place. I have a special place in my garden just for him/her. We will never forget....

2 comments:

Becki said...

I shed a few tears reading this. I can't imagine the pain of losing a pregnancy, but I do know how much joy a child can bring. My thoughts are with you today.

Adrian said...

I will never forget either, Les.