Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 11, 2009

9 Years Ago...

June 11, 2000...this is the day that Erik and I started dating! I remember it like it was yesterday. There is a little history between Erik and I and I would love to share it with you. Bare with me...this will probably be all over the place. I hope you can follow it.


Back in the Teen Years

Erik and I went to high school together and both graduated in 1999. Erik was rather intelligent so I did not have one class with him all 4 years...he was in all the advanced classes. We did have home room together since our last names both started with M. He sat 2 seats in front of me for 4 years and we barely said a word to each other. For some reason I started to say "Hi" to him every morning when I passed his desk Junior year. He was always the sweetest guy and I enjoyed the big smile and "Hi Lesli" back from him every day. I was more of a social butterfly in high school and being "popular" was important to me at the time. Erik was considered a "nerd" to me...LOL, that sounds bad but in reality, that's high school. I had a steady boyfriend that I was with all through high school but one time my junior year, we broke up. I decided that it was time to date someone that was good for me rather than just someone popular just so I could be "cool". I thought of Erik right away and asked my friends to say something to him to see if he wanted to go on a date. Erik agreed right away and he said he was in shock that someone like me would be interested in him. We went on our date...to a Hershey Bears game...no surprise there huh? He was very sweet...almost TOO sweet for me at the time. He immediately expressed how much he loved me and how he always had a crush on me throughout high school. I guess he was just so excited to be on a date with me that he just spilled out all his feelings to me on the first date. Well, I just broke up with my boyfriend of a couple years and all this was way too much for me to handle for only being 17. I ended communication with Erik and in a few short weeks I was back together with my ex-boyfriend. Erik and I never talked after that and we both graduated and went our separate ways.


Fast forward to freshman year in college. Erik was attending school up in Elmira, NY while I was working full time at home soon getting ready to start school at Central Penn College. AIM was so popular back then and I spent many hours talking to old friends. I somehow got Erik's AIM screenname from a friend of mine and one day when I saw that he was online...I just posted a quick "Hello Erik..how are you? Do you remember me?" He immediately responded saying "Of course I remember you!" We chatted for awhile and both talked about the relationships we were in with other people (I was still with the same guy from high school). My boyfriend and I were really hanging on by a string. So many years of being treated like CRAP...I finally had enough and ended that relationship for GOOD a few days later.


Summer 2000

Erik got home from college that summer and just about immediately called me to say hello. I was shocked to hear his voice but happy that he called. We talked for awhile and agreed to get together to go to the movies and do a little shopping. We had an AWESOME time together and sparks were flying everywhere. We couldn't stop smiling and laughing with each other. When the night came to a close...I expressed how much fun I had and how I think I made a mistake in breaking things off in high school. I flat out told him that I wanted him back and asked if he wanted to give it another try? He still had a girlfriend though but I was told it was "on the rocks". He said to give him a couple days to think about some things and that he would be in touch.


2 Days Later (June 11, 2000)

I was hanging out at his house for awhile and his girlfriend called on the phone while I was there. They got in a big fight and ended things that very moment. I remember trying to hold back a smile when he told me that they broke up. I was so happy to hear it...LOL! I was getting ready to leave and I started walking down the sidewalk to my car when I hear this, "Lesli, hang on a minute" I turned my head to see Erik running towards me and next thing I knew he was spinning me around and bringing me close to him...giving me the biggest and best kiss ever! It was just like the movies!!! He followed the kiss by saying "I think you know my answer!" AWWWW...it was the most romantic moments in my life.


The rest is history. We were inseparable that summer....with each other every second. We continued a long distance relationship for 4 years while he finished under grad school and graduate school. Finally on Sept. 10th, 2004...Erik proposed.


I love you Erik and I love our life together!!! : ) Thank you for the wonderful past 9 years! I'm so glad I started to say "Hi" to you back in home room...

3 comments:

Becki said...

Great story, Lesli. I can't believe how much that sounds like me and Andrew. Congrats on 9 years!

Unknown said...

Awww, that gave me goose bumps. Too cute!

Jess said...

Aww Lesli!!! It sounds just like the movies!! I'm so happy for you guys!!