Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Adrian's Wedding

This past weekend I watched one of my best friends get married! What a wonderful celebration it was...Erik and I really enjoyed ourselves and got to catch up with old high school friends. Adrian got married at the National Civil War Museum in Harrisburg and that was my first visit there. Beautiful staircase when you first walk in and this is where Adrian and Jason said their vows. Everything was quite lovely and I hope Adrian and Jason are enjoying their honeymoon in Montana!
There were a few people there that knew I was pregnant and were coming up to me asking how the baby was...its so sad to say "Oh I had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago". Then to see the look on their face like they committed a crime or something. It doesn't take long after that for them to feel awkward and walk away. Why do people do that??? Yes, I can understand that it is awkward for the person who asked about it but that doesn't mean that you need to walk away and ignore me. That is the last thing I need...people ignoring me and not being a friend.

2 comments:

Jess said...

::sigh:: I dunno whats worse ignoring the fact that we've m/c or making an ignorant comment such as oh you can try again or it wasn't meant to be. It sucks! People truely just don't understand if they haven't been through it! Sorry you had to go through that!

stevenjared0853 said...

Hey, Adrian's wedding seems fantastic. I would love to see more photos. You know we also would be marrying in this year at one of the best Chicago venues for wedding. We want to work on all the décor, planning and arrangements on our own. Some tips for the DIY wedding planning would be highly appreciated!