Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Small Scare

So I woke up this morning and found some spotting in my underwear and there was a lot too. I immediately started to freak out since I know this is uncommon at this stage in pregnancy. I was going in for my progesterone shots this morning so I planned on telling them at this appt. As soon as I told the medical assistant I was having spotting issues she immediately went to talk to a doctor about it. A midwife (that I never met before) came in and said that they are definitely concerned and I should get checked out right away. Unfortunately she was unavailable to do the check up but another doctor had some time to see me right away. Waiting for the doctor to come in was torture. Erik was not with me so I was freaking out by myself....what if something went wrong? What if my progesterone made a big drop and I was going into preterm labor? My thoughts were all over the place for those 5 long minutes waiting. The doctor came in and wanted to do an ultrasound to make sure everything was ok. Everything looked perfect and the little heartbeat was beating away. The baby was moving all over the place and was looking right at us on the screen. What a pleasant surprise to have this ultrasound. Since my big ultrasound is next week (in 8 days to be exact) they did not get into the sex of the baby. However, I did see the three dots/lines that everyone talks about...usually a girl! I'm not getting excited yet nor shopping for anything pink...I'm just so excited to have this big u/s now! I'm on pins and needles wanting to know. I was doing fine but after this unexpected ultrasound this morning, I really want to know for sure. I guess the next 8 days will drag for me but I will make it. I was just so thankful that everything was fine with the baby and my cervix was tight and closed. :)

3 comments:

Becki said...

Glad to hear that everything turned out alright and that you got to see your little one again!

Jess said...

So glad you were able to get checked right away and that everything is ok. Did they say what it might have been from?? I can't wait to hear whether its a boy or girl. :-)

Anonymous said...

I am glad all is well. BTW, I thought it was a girl...was not surprised to hear your semi-official news ;o) Either way, it will be as cute as a button!

-Adrian