Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 5, 2009

Week 9

Week 9 has been rough with the inlaws visiting for 7 days. I have absolutely NO energy and terrible terrible headaches that never go away no matter what I do. I felt like I was a terrible hostess for the inlaws. I just wanted to lay around and sleep most of the days but they wanted to go out and eat lunch/dinner or go shopping or visit other friends. I rarely sit around in lounge type clothes...especially around my MIL who wears stilettos to a sporting event. She is always dressed up real nice but I felt like a bum. I just couldn't bring myself to get all dressed up. Oh well...I can't help it and I wanted to feel comfortable.

We had our first official OB appt right at 9 weeks and got to see our little one moving around on the u/s. The heartbeat was beating great at 157bpm and the doctor got some real good pics. I'm measuring on track and HOPEFULLY I only have one more week of progesterone injections. I will get bloodwork done in week 10 to check levels....if they go up again, they will take me off them. YAY!

Fetal Development
This week marks the end of the embryonic period and the placenta is developing as well. Your baby looks like a tiny human now and is approximately 13 - 17 mm or about 0.51 - 0.66 inches in length (about the size of a raspberry). At this point, he weighs approximately 1 - 1.5 grams (the weight of a paperclip).

While the internal reproductive organs have now become either testes for boys or ovaries for girls, there's nothing yet to tell you whether it's a boy or girl even if you look closely. The skeleton has begun to form as cartilage and bones take shape. The baby's intestine has begun to move out of the umbilical cord into the baby's abdomen and your baby is now taking his first few drinks - he's drinking amniotic fluid. Remember, a little of what you eat and drink ends up in the amniotic fluid so, it can end up in him. Reflex muscle movements continue and now your baby will move away if touched through the uterine wall. Other changes in your baby are the heart valve formation, the retina formation, and the tip of the nose becoming visible.

My Symptoms
- TERRIBLE headaches
- Extreme fatigue
- Nausea right before bed




1 comment:

Jess said...

Nausea seemed to move to night time for me as well. Which was fine with me because I could go to bed and sleep and not worry about it. I didn't know you had another u/s!! But I'm glad everything is looking good!!! Will our kids being going to the same school?? LOL