Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 19, 2009

Week 12


What a difference a week makes!!! I've been feeling really good lately :::knock on wood::: I'm feeling pretty much like myself again only with slight exhaustion later in the evening. I had SUCH a busy week and had barely 30 minutes to myself. I'm glad that this week is much more calm though. Although I'm glad to be feeling good...it makes me nervous too! I hope things are still cooking in there. My clothes are getting tighter and tighter everyday. I'm lucky that I can wear whatever to work...so its been casual velour pant/jacket sets. woohoo!

I also got a new car this weekend!!!!! We got an OUTSTANDING deal on a new VW Passat that we couldn't refuse. I was leasing my Jetta and the lease was up in a few weeks. I went there planning on getting another Jetta but I drove out of there with a Passat only paying $30 more a month for it AND I'm buying it...not leasing anymore. I absolutely LOVE my new car!!! Heated leather seats, Satellite radio, sunroof, smoother ride, lots more room...it is AWESOME!

Ok, back to my pregnancy...I have shots and bloodwork tomorrow (Tues) to check my progesterone levels again. Let's hope things are going well that I can get taken off of them this time. My insurance is not paying for the progesterone so I'm getting sick of the large bills coming to the house every week....however if it is helping keep my baby healthy, then I will pay whatever!!

Fetal Development
By now, nearly all of your baby's organs, structures and systems are fully formed. The heart begins pumping several quarts of blood through your baby's body every day. Your baby has also begun to develop nerves and a spinal cord, allowing him to feel some types of pain. While your baby's brain is not the same size it will be at birth, it does have the same structure. Fingers and toes have separated and hair and nails continue to grow. Your baby is approximately 2.5 - 3.5 inches and weighs about 12 - 14 grams.
Also, the external genitals can now show definite signs of male and female gender. Before, Where there was only reflex movement, your baby now moves spontaneously and at random, although his movements are still too slight to be felt. With the use of a Doppler, you may be able to hear your baby's heart beat at this office visit. It will sound very fast, similar to the sound of a running horse's hooves. Once you hear this sound, you can rest assured that your risk of miscarriage is greatly reduced.

My Symptoms
- Exhaustion in the evenings
- Forgetfulness!!!

12 week belly pic

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, a little baby bump. How cute!

Here's the house we're thinking of building - http://www.sahomebuilder.com/floorplandetail.asp?autonum=591. We looked at Beacon Hill. The houses are nice, but the lots are on the small side...

Let's try to get together soon!
-Adrian