Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 26, 2009

Week 13

Wow...I can't believe I am only a couple days away from the 2nd trimester!!! I have my 2nd OB appt tomorrow morning so I'm holding my breath until tomorrow when I hear that heartbeat on the doppler. Once I hear that I think I can breath a little better going into the 2nd trimester. As I mentioned before, clothes are definitely getting tighter. I went to Target this past weekend to check out maternity pants. What a disappointment. Don't they make maternity pants for TALL women???? Seriously! It looks like I'm ready for a flood wearing the pants. Ugh! So I left there buying a bella band to try out. I used it last night when we met some friends for dinner and I must say that it worked out pretty well. It didn't look like I was wearing my pants unbuttoned or anything. It kept my pants up and hopefully this will work for awhile until I can find myself some maternity pants. If you know where I can get TALL pants let me know! I'll update you after my appt tomorrow.
Fetal Development
There is a lot going on with your baby this week. Your baby's intestines are migrating from the umbilical cord into his or her abdomen. The villi are also forming in the intestines, and these help in peristaltic movements and digestion. The liver begins to secrete bile and the pancreas is even secreting insulin! All twenty teeth have formed and are waiting under the gums, while your baby has begun to practice swallowing by taking in the surrounding amniotic fluid and pass it back in his urine. Your baby can smile and his vocal cords are quickly developing, too. He looks more and more human as his eyes move closer together and the ears are beginning to move to what will be their normal positions. Your baby weighs between approximately 13 and 20 grams (1/2 and 3/4 ounce) and is approximately 2 1/2 to 3 inches long. The placenta and baby are about the same weight now.

This week marks the end of the embryonic period. Most of the vital systems are developed now, and baby starts really growing, at times, growing as much as an inch this week.

My Symptoms
- Constipation (sorry, I know...TMI)
- Forgetfulness


13 week belly pic!

5 comments:

Amy said...

OMG Lesli - that is the cutest belly ever!

Becki said...

OMG...definitely a little belly there.

Jess said...

I see a small bump starting!! YAY! I would try ordering from gap or old navy. I know they def have talls. Motherhood does not so don't bother looking there.

Anonymous said...

http://www.tallgirlshop.com/us/product_info.php?cPath=54&products_id=3197

Anonymous said...

http://www.rgmaternity.com

http://www.momsmaternity.com/store/category.asp?category=57

http://www.9monthstogrow.com/maternity/f05jeans.htm

this one is pricey http://www.tallclothingmall.com/maternity.html