Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Having One of Those Days...

Did you ever have one of those days where you just hate everything and wish you could crawl into a deep dark hole and stay there for...oh like 2 or 3 months? That is the kind of day I'm having today. I just hate my job so much and my mom and dad are in rare form this week. If I have to listen to my mom complain about having their kitchen redone one more time, I'm gonna snap (their kitchen is getting remodeled this week)! I love my mom to death but she tends to complain A LOT when she gets stressed acting like she has it the worst out of everyone in the world. It gets old real fast when you hear all about it ALL DAY LONG and EVERYDAY! My dad is having one of those "I hate this business" kind of weeks where he wants to shut everything down and move to Florida to retire. He is screaming about everything because its extremely hectic here this week with jobs, etc. All this week I've been finding myself just staring at the computer or sitting back in my chair thinking about how my work life SUCKS! I've been looking into part time jobs lately and trying to figure out a way to leave here or at least drop down to part time with my parents. A whole career change would be nice but being 27 and wanting to start a family kinda makes things difficult. Erik just doesn't make enough money for me to be a stay at home wife/mom so I continue to be miserable working here. On the other hand, I have my parents putting so much pressure on me to keep things afloat here at work that I just can't take it anymore. There is just never a good time for me to approach my parents. I already told them that I hate it here and about not putting so much pressure on me but things just aren't getting any better. It was better for about a week then it goes right back to the way it was. I just wish I could go back in time and get myself a different college degree and do something I actually enjoy!

Last night I get home from work and Erik has this bummed out look on his face. What is wrong I say? He tells me about how depressed he is about his job too and he can't take it anymore and how he spent all day looking for another job. AHHHH!! We are both so miserable that it makes our home life suffer.

Ugh, I don't know...I just needed to vent a minute. Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

Jess said...

OH Leslie! Sounds like we are being dealt the same crappy cards lately! Work life sucks for both Mike and I. I continue to think that maybe this is God's way of telling both of us its time to move on to bigger and better things. I'll be praying for you and Erik as well!!