Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 14, 2008

Busy Busy Busy Weekend

OMG, what an exhausting weekend!!!!! I haven't been this tired in a long long time. Let's recap my weekend shall we?

Friday: I worked obviously 8am-4:30pm and then rushed over to St. Ann's Byzantine Catholic Church in Harrisburg by 5pm to coordinate a wedding rehearsal. Of course not everyone showed up on time so I sat around for a half hour or so. The rehearsal went pretty well actually and the priest was more laid back than I thought. I never attended or coordinated a Byzantine Catholic wedding before so I wasn't sure what to expect...from the research I did it sounded very involved and VERY long. There is definitely more going on in the ceremony than a traditional christian ceremony but very lovely. Rehearsal ended about 6:30pm and I was off to the grocery store to get food for a lia sophia meeting at my house Sunday morning. I finally get home to prepare last minute details for the wedding the next day and get to bed.

Saturday: Got up early to clean the house and prepare food for the lia sophia meeting the next morning. Erik went to Virginia with a friend all day so he was not around to pitch in with household chores. I leave around noon to pick up my assistant for the wedding and start the day of wedding festivities. Without going into tons of details, the wedding went wonderfully and I got many compliments on how well I had everything organized and got many hugs from the bride and groom for a job well done (that makes me feel good). I had to stay until the very end of the wedding because they were having a sparkler exit outside the hotel for the grand finale. The sparkler exit got started at about 11:30pm and at this point I was so tired and having a hard time keeping my eyes open! Once the sparkler exit was over, I was free to finally leave! I got home at about 12:30am and just collapsed! I couldn't fall asleep until about 2am since I was still in that "busy mode".

Sunday: I set the alarm for 7am so I could get everything together for the lia sophia meeting at my house at 11am. Thank god I didn't set the alarm any later. As soon as I got out of the shower and threw some clothes on I saw 2 ladies coming up to my house!!! OMG, people are here already and its only 8am!!!! I go into panic mode because I still had things all over the place in the kitchen. I'm running around throwing things into closets and throwing the dog in the bedroom and waking my husband up telling him to babysit the dog! Poor Erik!! My lia sophia manager's managers (get that?) were at the meeting and brought the entire new line of jewelry along for all to see so that is why they came so early! I was not ready! I'm flying around on a couple hours of sleep trying to get everything together. The phone is ringing, the dog is barking and I'm trying to make coffee, get food out, cut fruit, etc. Anyway, the meeting finally starts at 10am and the last person leaves at 1:30pm! It was a long meeting...but very fun I must add! I got all kinds of fun gifts and free jewelry! Poor Erik was stuck upstairs with the dog and didn't even get a chance to eat anything. I clean everything up just in time to go to my friend Adrian's house to see a slide show of her wedding/honeymoon pictures...tons of people there and lots of yummy food. I stayed for a couple hours and then had to leave because I was just so tired! My day isn't over yet...I still need to run to the grocery store to get food for the Nest get together at my house the next day! I had no idea what to get and I was walking around like a zombie in the grocery store trying to figure it out. I finally get home Sunday evening at 7pm in time to help Erik vacuum the floors and clean the kitchen floors so the house is nice and cleaned up for my nestie friends. Needless to say I went to bed pretty early last night.

Whew! Now here I am at work on a Monday morning and struggling to stay awake from a long and BUSY weekend. I got a nice blister on my toe from the wedding so my feet are killing me too. Man, this post sounds like a bunch of complaining doesn't it?! Sorry about that...I just needed to get that all out I guess. Don't get me wrong, I loved everything I did this past weekend but it was just a little too much for me to handle. I have a problem with saying "no" to people so I try to help out everyone even if it means making myself miserable for a week or so. I just want to make everyone happy! I don't know how I would have done this weekend if I was pregnant! Anyway, I'm looking forward to a more relaxed week. I hope everyone has a nice week too!

No comments: