Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 4, 2009

Week 27

Hello 3rd Trimester!!! I can't believe I made it this far...woohoo!! This past week we finished the chair rail for the nursery and it looks AWESOME!! The nursery furniture gets delivered tomorrow and I am so excited to see everything. : ) Childbirth classes are great and we are meeting some wonderful people. Erik met another husband there that was a HUGE hockey fan so they were in heaven talking to each other every moment they got...it was cute. We both enjoyed the class and can't wait for the next one this week.

Erik developed a nasty infection Thurs/Fri in his sinuses from the surgery he had about a week and a half ago. He went to see the Dr. on Friday morning and he was SHOCKED to see how swollen Erik's nasal cavity was and to see all this blood up in his sinuses. The Dr. immediately packed his nose with what looked like a tampon (sorry, tmi). It is about 4-5 inches long and was packed all the way back into his sinuses and throat (on both sides). He was in so much pain and choking/gagging anytime he tried to eat or drink. I felt SOOO terrible for him and when I came home from work on Friday he immediately looked at me and started crying. That is the first I ever saw Erik get so emotional so I know he was in lots of pain. I took care of him all weekend since the pain medicine he was on made him extremely tired and out of it. The Dr. even gave him his home and cell numbers in case something went wrong over the weekend. The pain was getting out of control so he called him Sat afternoon and Dr. decided to take the packing out on Sunday afternoon. He opened up the office and we met him there. It was possibly the most disgusting thing I ever saw when they took those tampon looking things out of his nose....blood was everywhere!! Erik immediately felt better after getting them taken out but within minutes his nose swelled up again leaving him completely clogged. The Dr. just shook his head in amazement and went on and on about how this is the worst case he has seen when it comes to this surgery. Erik has a long road ahead of him until he completely recovers (Dr. said a couple months) and can breathe again. My poor Erik!!! : ( I feel so bad for him but thankful that he is feeling much better without all the packing in his nose. I sure hope things get better for him soon.

Anyway, back to baby stuff...our next childbirth class is this Wed and we also get a tour of the birthplace. I can't wait! Friday I have my OB appt, 1hr. sugar test and Rhogam shot (I'm RH negative). I'm hoping I pass this sugar test with flying colors however I'm not counting on it. I'm still on progesterone shots and have been since week 5. It's been a long haul with these shots and my butt is completely numb now so I feel no pain anymore with them. I figure I'm on them until the end....YAY!

I believe we decided on a name this past week too! We are going with Keaton Thomas and I'm so happy with our decision. I think it is a good, strong name and I'm glad to finally have a name for my little one. I am feeling baby Keaton moving more and more and the movement is somewhat different. I can feel when his hand or foot presses up against my belly plus he is moving around CONSTANTLY now...especially when I'm trying to go to sleep. I can also feel him kicking other internal organs and that is a weird feeling at first. I'm so happy to feel him moving around more because it just makes me feel better that he is ok.

Fetal Development
This week marks the beginning of the third trimester. The retina, which is important in the reception of light images, develops its normal layers by the 27th week of gestation. These layers are important in receiving light and light information and transmitting it to the brain for interpretation. Your baby's skin is quite wrinkled from floating in water. This will stay this way until a few weeks after birth as your newborn fills out into a baby. Your baby is about 14.5 inches long, and weighs over two pounds.

My Symptoms
- Round ligament pain
- Shortness of breath

27 week belly pic!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Poor Erik! I hope he feels better soon!! I really like the name Lesli. Very cute!! Can't wait to see pics of the nursery!

Becki said...

Holy Belly, but so cute! As if the progesterone shots weren't enough, you need Rhogam shots too. Labor and delivery will be a piece of cake after all those needles. I hope Erik feels better soon, too. He'll be able to breathe just in time for the arrival of Keaton. Great name, BTW!