Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 18, 2009

Week 29

Well, here I am at 29 weeks...time seems to be going too fast. I still have so much I need to get done and the weeks are just flying by. As you saw on my previous post, I did not pass my 1-hour glucose test. BOO! So I am scheduled to have my 3-hour test tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to drinking a larger dose of that glucose stuff PLUS wait around for 3 hours without being able to walk around, eat/drink anything and getting blood taken every hour. I sure hope it goes smoothly and I pass it with flying colors. I'm so worried that I might have gestational diabetes and that I'm hurting my baby. So for the past week, I researched all about GD and decided to start "practicing" a basic GD diet while I wait for my results in tomorrow's test. The diet really isn't all that bad but staying away from sweets is VERY hard. I am a sugar girl and my body is going through withdrawl without it. It is also interesting to see how many carbs are really in the stuff I normally eat...it's an eye opener. I never really read labels too much but this past week, that is all I've been doing. I feel that starting this diet before I've been told to will help me adjust to it better if I do have GD. I'm still praying that I do pass it because I don't know if I can survive the summer without the occassional ice cream treat or yummy picnic foods. : ) I'll post my results once I know.

We are still doing childbirth classes and only have 2 more classes left. We really enjoy them and learn some valuable information. This week we are talking about breastfeeding and I'm really looking forward to it. To be honest, I have major anxiety over breastfeeding than anything else. Labor does not scare me...the big change in my life when this baby arrives does not scare me...but breastfeeding does. LOL! I don't know what it is about it but I'm terrified that I won't be able to do it and will get frustrated with the schedule of feeding and pumping. It's all overwhelming but I'm sure I will get the hang of it once I start.

Fetal Development
Your baby can open his eyes and will turn his head towards a source of any light. His sensory organs are well developed. His fingernails and toenails are growing and he is beginning to regulate his own temperature. The bone marrow is completely in charge of production of the red blood cells now. Your baby even urinates about a half liter of urine into the amniotic fluid everyday. Your baby weighs about 2.5 pounds and is over 15 inches long.

The movements that you feel will probably begin to change at this point. You once were the home of wild gymnastics parties, but now as the space becomes cramped you will notice smaller movements, such as elbows and knees poking you.

My Symptoms
- Round ligament pain
- Shortness of breath (I really slowed down with my walking this past week)



29 week belly pic!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck tomorrow...I'll be thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

http://hrodiscuss.info/index.php?action=profile;u=153212
i heard it is better then windows xp. I watched a video on youtube showing the multiple desktops and 3d graphics. where can i download it without any viruses? and is it free?