Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Week 14

I've been feeling great this past week...only slight headaches from time to time. I am officially out of the 1st trimester now and it feels wonderful! I thought this day would take forever but looking back it has been going so fast. The bloatness has gone down and my regular clothes are now fitting again...lol! Today I had blood taken to check those progesterone levels once again. I don't think I will be getting off them anytime soon so I just wait for the call telling me to continue coming in twice a week. I really don't mind it now and as sad as it sounds, I enjoy talking to the ladies in there. What I don't care for are the amount of pregnant teenagers in the waiting room every time I'm in there. It really just makes me shake my head and wonder what the world has come to. I remember being in high school and MAYBE seeing ONE pregnant peer all 4 years. It makes me wonder what school will be like when my kids get there....

Fetal Development
Your baby's body systems are starting to work on their own. The digestive system practices moving food along the intestines and through the renal system and he can create and eliminate urine. He also continues to practice breathing the amniotic fluid in and out of his lungs. Your baby has tiny, soft nails on his fingers and toes, is growing hair and may even suck his thumb. Your baby is approximately 10-11.5 cm (3 1/2 -4 inches) and weighs approximately 1.5 ounces.

Also, your baby's blood is beginning to form in the bone marrow and blood vessels are beginning to connect various parts of the fetus to another. The joints and muscles allow your baby full body movement so your baby is able to move around. The baby's neck is getting longer and his chin is no longer resting on his chest. The eyes and ears continue to move into place. The hands are becoming functional and reflex movements often occur. Nourishment now comes from the placenta. Remember, some of what you eat and drink is getting through to your baby. The doctor can tell if your baby is a boy or a girl using special tests.

Amniotic fluid is an amazing substance. It completely regenerates itself every three hours. We do know that it is partially composed of urine from the baby, but where amniotic fluid in general is made we are not sure. Modern medicine still has some surprises left.

My Symptoms
- Slight headaches
- Some fatigue in the evenings



14 week belly pic

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lesli! I was just checking up to see how things were going, and yay for getting to the 2nd trimester! And I'm glad you've found something to look forward to about all of those shots--at least nice people to talk to!

On the other hand, I agree about all of the pregnant teens. They seem to be everywhere lately and it makes trips to Target all that much harder...