Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 23, 2009

Week 17

Watch out...I think I'm starting to feel movement. A couple days ago I felt this fluttering feeling when I was getting ready for bed. I've felt it a couple more times since then...how exciting!! I'm sure in a couple weeks I will be feeling real kicks.

I'm getting closer and closer to my big u/s!!! I have an OB appt on Wednesday this week so I will be scheduling the big u/s then. I hope I can get in around my birthday but not sure if that is too early for them. I will be 18.5 weeks at that time so I bet they will want it to be the following week. We'll see though!!!

I'm showing more and more as the days go along and my belly button is even starting to push out. Wow! This is all going so fast, I can't believe it.

I registered for childbirth and breastfeeding classes this week. I will be busy going to classes in April and May. I'm excited but nervous all at the same time! All this information will be so overwhelming I'm sure.

Fetal Development
Your baby will begin to form fat this week. The fat begins to deposit under his skin and is important in heat production and metabolism. At delivery, fat will account for 2-6 percent of your baby's total body weight. This will help him maintain his body temperature when he is born. Your baby is approximately 5 inches long and weighs in at about 140-145 grams (5 ounces). This means that the baby now weighs more than the placenta.

If you were to get an abdominal x-ray (which isn't recommended and could be dangerous), your baby's skeleton would be visible. His movements are becoming stronger and more frequent now. Reflex movements are fully functional as your baby will regularly suck and swallow and loud noises outside the uterus may actually cause the baby to startle.

My Symptoms
- Numbness in my left leg
- Losing sense of balance
- Hungry all the time

17 week belly pic!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Aww Lesli, that is so awesome! I think feeling the baby move is absolutely the best part of being pregnant.

Anonymous said...

Too cute!

-Adrian

Jess said...

Those flutters are the best feeling ever, aren't they? But in about 2 weeks you'll start to feel kicks! I can't believe you're BIG u/s is coming up. I'll hafta rememeber cuz its the day before my next OB appt!