Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 13, 2009

Week 24

Happy V-Day to me!! V-Day means Viability Day (when the baby has the capacity for sustained survival outside the uterus). That is a big milestone...YAY!! This past week has been spent shopping for furniture and deciding on paint colors. My bedding FINALLY arrived last week so I was excited to move forward with my nursery plans. This week we will paint the room and get things ready for the chair rail to be installed (by my awesome dad). Other than that, I am feeling pretty good and excited that the warmer weather is coming so I can wear my cute spring maternity clothes. : )

Fetal Development
Your baby is almost completely formed. He is now between 1.25 and 1.5 pounds and is about a foot long.

He will continue to gain weight in muscles, developing organs and the deposit of brown fat. The purpose of the brown fat is to retain body heat. Newborns are notoriously bad at regulating body temperature at first. This is particularly a problem for a baby born early. Changes are occurring in lung development so that some babies are able to survive (with intensive care services). Surviving babies may have disabilities and require long-term intensive care. A good estimate is that a baby born now would usually stay in the NICU until their official due date.

Your baby is totally unaffected by the Braxton Hicks contractions (a usually painless tightening of the uterus not affiliated with labor) you may be having as well.

My Symptoms
- Pelvic pain (like my bones are so sore)
- Out of breath when taking long walks




24 week belly pic!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Happy V-day!!! I'm having the worst pubic pain ever!! Sharp & sheering at times or just a dull ache when I'm sitting still. Is that what you are experiencing? I get the sharp pain when I put on pants, change the way I'm sitting, squating, etc....UGH!

Becki said...

Congratulations on making it to V-day. He'll be here before you know it.