Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 6, 2009

Week 23

Things are really starting to get busy! We really need to get our butt in gear with ordering furniture (so it arrives in time) and I'm STILL waiting for my bedding to arrive so I can match paint samples. I feel like we are at a stand still and if anyone knows me...they know that I'm going nuts! I like to keep moving forward with things so waiting around is frustrating. We did do some furniture shopping and I have it narrowed down to a couple choices. I'm sure delivery time will have something to do with my decision but there really are so many great choices at Rock-A-Bye Baby that I can't go wrong with any of them.

We also started our registry so at least something is getting done. It was a fun yet frustrating experience but we enjoyed it nonetheless. : )

This week I plan to call a couple pediatricians and finally figure out what I'm doing about maternity leave. My parents are willing to work with me so I'm sure we will come up with something nice! We also have our "bare essentials" class on Thursday where we will get all of our paperwork filled out so we are ready when I go into labor. They will also be going over car seat safety in this class.
Fetal Development
The body of your baby is getting plumper but his skin is still fairly wrinkled due to the lack of subcutaneous fat. He's starting to drink the amniotic fluid he's floating in, and his digestive system is mature enough to absorb nutrients. And not only is your baby starting to drink and taste, but all of his sensory systems are maturing as well. Your baby's face and body is looking more and more like those of an infant, the bones of his inner ear are beginning to harden and his pancreas is developing (the pancreas is very important in the production of insulin). Your baby's fingernails are almost fully formed and the lanugo (fine hair) that covers his body is getting darker. Your baby continues to grow in preparation for the journey of birth. You baby is now more than 11 inches long and weighs over a pound.

My Symptoms
- Round ligament pain (this really hurts too)
- Backaches



23 week belly pic

1 comment:

Amy said...

We have Bear Essentials on Thursday too! Will you be at the 7:30 class?