Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 31, 2009

Updates and going back to work

Last week was a tough week but in the end it turned out great. My last post talked about postpartum depression and I finally took the step and called my doctor. I was able to get an appt the same day I called. I was able to talk about my feelings to my doctor and she thought I was definitely in need of some help through medication and possibly through some therapy. She has me starting on Lexapro once a day. She expressed how nice this medicine is because it is fast acting. Patients usually see a difference in just a couple days instead of waiting over 6 weeks like most anti-depressants. I can honestly say that I am experiencing a difference in my mood already and kick myself for not getting the help I needed years ago. I always felt I struggled with depression dating back around when I graduated college....that was like 5 years ago. Anyway, I can't look back and wonder why I didn't get help but look at the positive future I will have now. I hope this brings happiness in all aspects of my life. Erik is excited to finally see me happy again so we can reconnect as a couple. I can't express enough to anyone out there that feels they are struggling with depression to GET HELP NOW! It was such a load off my shoulders to just make the call to get help and to admit that I have a problem.

I decided to start back to work earlier than I planned and my first official day started today. I plan to only come into work a day or two a week...the days that Erik is working at home and work a few hours at home when Erik is out of the house. Having the real estate taxes due this month along with paying off a $3k vet bill for Del's surgery, I needed to come back to make some money. I also have some lia sophia shows coming up which will help and I plan to really get this business up and rolling again. I feel motivated to be that top seller again!! : ) Anyway, I do feel lucky to work for my parents business because I have a VERY flexible schedule to work with plus my parents give me a lot of extra perks for working here. Gotta love that!! This way I don't have to put Keaton in daycare or have that extra expense.

Keaton had his first trip to church yesterday and did very well...slept the whole time. I was getting received into membership at Erik's church yesterday (I was taking classes to join his church) and decided to make it a family affair. I was nervous that Keaton would not do well but he was a little angel getting lots of attention from everyone. Below is a pic of his church outfit. So cute!

2 comments:

Becki said...

Glad to hear that things are going a lot better for you. It sounds like you're in a much better place already. Keaton is so cute in his little church outfit. Congratulations on becoming a member of the church.

banbear2 said...

Good for you!

What handsome men!