Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to Normal

Boy, I thought having help was going to be nice but after 2 weeks with the inlaws...it's nice to have the house back to normal. It was nice to have them here however Erik and I really are doing well and have a great system going here that we really don't need the help. My father-in-law and brother-in-law only stayed a week but my mother-in-law stayed an extra week. It was nice to have her take some late night feedings to give us a break but other than that we didn't have anything for her to do. She of course spent lots of time with Keaton but I do think she was getting bored after awhile. We did go on a few shopping trips to get out of the house and she was of course spoiling Keaton with gifts. : ) Now the house is back to normal and I am on my own again during the week but I enjoy it.

I had my 6 week post partum appt and all is well. My body is back to normal...YAY! I'm still keeping the weight off (I'm 18 lbs. less than I was when I got pregnant). The girls in the office were so happy to see me since we all developed quite the relationship since I was there twice a week the whole way through my pregnancy. They were so glad to see Keaton and he got all kinds of attention. This was also my FIRST trip out with Keaton by myself. I was very nervous but I did well and feel that I can start going places during the week with him to just get out of the house. He is such a good boy.

Keaton is starting to smile and it is the cutest thing EVER! I was trying to capture it with the camera but I keep missing the full smile so below are a couple pics of him in the process...lol! He is so much more alert now and staying awake more during the day.

We transitioned him to the crib last week and he is doing excellent. The first night in the crib he slept two 4 hr. stretches. The following night he went 5! He has no problems sleeping anywhere so that is a relief. We are just hoping to get that 7-8 hr. stretch sometime soon. : ) I'm not getting much sleep though because I am a worry wort and I awake to every tiny sound on the monitor. I will get better I'm sure but for now I wake up constantly.

Keaton is now wearing 0-3 month clothes and size 1 diapers! He is getting so big. He is quite the eater, having 5-6oz every 3-4hrs. WOW! I was so worried that I was feeding him too much but he really does want to eat and he is MUCH more happy now that I increased the amount. I need to realize that what the doctors say about how much they should be eating is just an AVERAGE....every baby is different. The 4oz was just not cutting it and I know that the average baby is not having 6oz until they are like 3-4 months old but my son needs it now. He isn't spitting up or throwing it up either so I'm not over feeding. He is way more content so I know I made the right decision to increase.

Erik loves to read to Keaton so we made this a nightly routine before bedtime. It's so cute to see...Keaton actually looks interested most of the time too.

Let's see...what else is going on? Other news...Del is doing well and recovering nicely. He is walking on his leg more and more every day and I have been letting him out of his "doggie condo" for awhile each day. I can't believe it's been 4 weeks already...still have 4 more to go until he is considered to have a "full" recovery. : )





No comments: