Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 15, 2010

Getting back in shape

Well, all of the weight I LOST while I was pregnant (18 lbs) is all back...plus a couple additional pounds. What the heck happened?!?!? I know...I was a pig and ate constantly all day long. See when you are home most of the week you tend to swarm the kitchen looking for yummy treats all day. I think I was so sick of the diabetes diet that I was on while pregnant that I went a little crazy eating everything in sight and buying all kinds of junk food at the grocery store. Yikes! I stepped on the scale and was SHOCKED to see that I am at my heaviest...EVER! I went from wearing a size 2 or 4 when I got married (2005), to a size 8 when I got pregnant (2008), back down to a size 4 or 6 right after I had Keaton (2009) and now back up to a size 8 or size 10 today!!

I made the decision last week that I NEED to get back into shape. I miss the days when I would go to the gym everyday and look awesome in a bikini. I may never get back into a size 2 but I will get myself back down to a least a size 6. My goal is to lose 25 pounds by Keaton's 1st birthday (July 13th). I am so determined to do this too...and maintain it once I reach my goal. I decided to go back to my diabetes diet (slightly modified...not as strict) because it did make me feel real good plus my diabetic counselor told me that this diet really is what everyone should do, not just diabetics. It really does make sense. It's all about reading labels and eating only the serving sizes of things...watching carbs and simple sugars. I lost so much weight so fast when I was pregnant on this diet...don't worry I was still very healthy and had a very healthy baby boy.

I'm using our new elliptical every night after Keaton goes to bed and trying to go on a walk around the neighborhood everyday (if possible) and I set myself up on Wii Fitness. I programed in my goals and started my fitness routine.

I'm super excited to get my body back. I will post my progress and see if I can meet my goal.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Good luck! I think you already look amazing :) Working out regularly is tough (I do it 3 morning a week) but you can do it!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Can you post more about your diet/eating plan (I don't really want to call it a diet because its more of a lifestyle change). I'm interested in cleaning up my eating as well and I'm curious!