Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 11, 2010

"So, what's up with you lately?"

So, I'm in the middle of making dinner the other night and my husband says, "so, what's up with you lately?" I ask, "what do you mean?" He was shocked to see me cooking dinner. Haha! Those that know me well know that I do not like to cook...at all! Give me a hard cake or cookie recipe and I'm in heaven....I LOVE to bake! For some reason, over the past couple weeks, I've turned into Susie Homemaker. Let's go over the past couple weeks to find out why...

I started "nap training" with Keaton a couple days after Christmas because I was determined to get him napping in the crib instead of my arms. I was absolutely SHOCKED when he caught on like right away! It took about 2-3 days for him to completely catch on but, WOW....what a wonderful late Christmas gift! He is taking 3 naps a day right now. One from 9am to 10-10:30am, one from 12:30pm to about 2pm and a shorter one from 4pm-5pm. I didn't know what to do with myself with all the spare time....LOL. It freed me up to get things done around the house, do some work (I'm working part-time for my parents at home), do lia sophia stuff or just relax and watch some tv....it's WONDERFUL!!!!

As a result of Keaton getting better naps in the crib, he has been such a pleasant and happy boy. He rarely cries anymore and his personality is coming out more and more. He smiles constantly and daddy gets him to laugh a lot.

I guess I just became overly happy in the past couple weeks...actually this is the happiest I have ever been in my life!! It's been a long time with my struggles with depression and such that I finally feel human! It's so hard to describe the feeling but I'm so incredibly happy with my life and being a mother to my wonderful son. All those tough times new parents face in the beginning are a distant memory.

I've become so organized too (more so than normal...lol). I'm planning out our meals for 2 weeks at a time and only buying what I need for them at the grocery store. When Keaton goes down for his 4pm nap, I get started with dinner for the evening. It's amazing how nice it is to know what you are having ahead of time instead of searching through the pantry deciding on what to make. This also gives me a chance to try new recipes.

I'm also extremely motivated with my lia sophia business. I am determined to win the big trip to Puerto Rico this year for my efforts. I guess I have been so motivational to my manager and others in our group that I've been asked to give a speech at our big lia sophia rally at the end of the month!! WHOA! I'm nervous but so so excited to do this. I've already planned my speech and I'm ready to go. : )

So, yes...I've turned into a little domesticated wife/mother and it's the best job ever! I couldn't end this post without some cute pics of my little man.




No comments: