Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

6 Months

Half a year...WOW! My little man is not so little anymore. I must say that it seems like he grew mentally and physically overnight....big difference from 5 months. He is such a social butterfly making everyone around him laugh. As I mentioned in my previous post, life is absolutely wonderful!! I'm loving every second and finally feeling real good mentally. The help I got along with the medication has really turned my life around. I am enjoying everything to the fullest.

Keaton has been eating solids now for 2 months. I started with rice cereal, barley cereal and oatmeal for a couple weeks before digging into the veggies. Once I felt he was ready I started with butternut squash, followed by sweet potatoes, green beans, carrots, mashed potatoes and tomorrow he will start peas. He seemed to really like everything so far however I got some disgusted looks with green beans. He has no problems eating from a spoon and knows just what to do when you put a spoonful of food by his mouth. Next week we will start fruits and introduce a little fruit juices. I am making all of Keaton's food and having fun with my new toy (I will post about this in a couple days). He is drinking water from a sippy cup now with little assistance. He gets the concept but struggles a little tilting it high enough to get it to come out. We also increased his ounces of formula...he know gets (4) 8oz bottles a day.

Keaton can now do the following:
- Sit up with little assistance (likes to thrust himself back though)
- Working on an army crawl...so funny to see
- Can eat a cracker (Mum-Mum crackers)
- Reaches for objects and picks them up
- Looks for dropped toys
- Chats up a storm forming vowel-consonant combinations
- Pass objects from one hand to another
- Understand the concept of cause-and-effect (this one is amazing to me...I LOVE to watch him manipulate the toys on his exersauser like spinning the ball with his hands, etc.)
- Turns when you call his name

His 6-month checkup will be next week so I will update with his height and weight then.






No comments: