Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Obsession

My current obsession is my Beaba Babycook that I received as a Christmas gift from my mother-in-law. It can be found at Williams-Sonoma. I absolutely LOVE this thing!!! I knew that I wanted to make Keaton his baby food from the beginning and especially since breastfeeding did not work, I wanted him to have healthy foods instead of the jar baby foods. I am having so much fun making him all kinds of stuff and like I mentioned in my previous post, I am all domesticated now. : ) Here is how it works...


Ah yes, here it is!!!!


You first start by adding the suggested amount of water into the water chamber.

Add your desired food into the steaming basket (in this case, I am doing frozen peas), close the lid and turn the knob (at bottom left) over to the steam position. This will take anywhere between 5-15 minutes to steam (light will go off when finished).



When steaming is done, pour food into the blender part and close lid. Turn knob to the blending position and watch your food get pureed (add water if you want a more watery consistency)


This is what it will look like when finished blending.


Pour into Portion Freezer Tray (also found at Williams-Sonoma), put lid on and put into freezer.


When frozen, simply just push out the food into a freezer storage bag and put label on it with the date. In this case I am showing you my frozen sweet potatoes.

When you want to defrost your food...add water into water chamber.

Insert dish into the steaming basket


Place frozen portion into the bowl.


Place steaming basket with your food into the babycook and close lid.


Turn knob to steam position and wait approximately 5 minutes


This is what it will look like when finished!

And into Keaton's mouth....YUM!

I also have the "Cooking for Baby" cookbook from Williams-Sonoma. Everything can be found here.

1 comment:

Becki said...

That thing is awesome! I actually might have been able to do this if I had one of those. Good for you for making this a priority!