Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Success...

We went for our first u/s appt yesterday. I was a ball of nerves all day just waiting for 12:45 to hit on the clock. I met Erik at the u/s place and Erik did a whole pep talk before we went in telling me how we need to stay positive and whatever happens happens...it is beyond our control and we will get through it no matter what the outcome is. He is too sweet...he did help calm my nerves a bit. We got called back right away and the u/s tech was very nice. She said, "I'm going to take some boring pictures first and then we will take a look at the baby" As she was moving the u/s wand around I could see the gestational sac but nothing in it so of course I was flipping out in my head. Then she said "Ok, let's look at the baby." Once she focused on the sac I saw the little blob along with the heart beat flickering away. I immediately looked at Erik and grabbed his hand. I was so happy to see something in the sac. She took some measurements and the heartbeat was measuring 118bpm. She said the heartbeat probably just started so that rate was great. She also said that I was measuring a day ahead and everything looked perfect. After I got cleaned up the tech told me to wait in the room and they were going to review the u/s pics and talk to my doctor. About 10 minutes later she came back and said "Your doctor says everything looks wonderful and she will see you at your first ob appt." OMG, what a relief!!! I've been waiting for this appt ever since I got my BFP a couple weeks ago. I can finally breathe a little. I also got a call back about my progesterone levels. They are now at 16.7...up from 15.7 two weeks ago. Doctor says that it is good but still wants me to get the weekly progesterone shots. I was hoping for a much higher number but if they say it was good and it wasn't decreasing then I am going to TRY and relax about it. Below is a picture of our little baby...

No comments: