Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 4, 2008

Happy Spring!

I don't know about you but I am so ready for the warmer weather. It still feels like winter out there and I haven't quite broken out the sandals. Recently I decided that I wanted to donate over half of my wardrobe to goodwill and start over with a fresh new look. I went on a fun shopping trip with friends a couple weeks ago and got TONS of new things. It feels so good to put on a new outfit for the first time....just makes you feel pretty and what women doesn't love that? In addition to buying new clothes, I bought new jewelry of course. Our new lia sophia spring/summer line is just awesome and I get tons of compliments on the new pieces that I wear. Below are some tips for accessorizing with jewelry!


Paris Hilton at a lia sophia fashion show!

- Black makes bright colored stones pop!
- Wedding rings don’t have to match other metals in your jewelry.
- Wear necklaces 3”-4” below your neckline.
- Wear larger earrings for a "smaller" appearance.
- Use proper sizes of jewelry to match your body shape. Petite women will often be overwhelmed by a piece of jewelry that looks delicate on larger women. *Wear pins high on your shoulder.
- Keep textures the same - antique with antique, shiny with shiny etc.
- Don't wear Mardi Gras beads.
- Wearing 3 bracelets on one arm is an attractive option.
- Wear a bracelet with your watch.
- Long necklaces create vertical lines, thus making you appear taller and more slender.
- Jewelry is the most cost-effective accessory you can own & changes the look of each outfit.
- Wear jewelry to add color. For example if you're wearing an all black and white outift, a pink necklace, and/or bracelet, and/or watch, would look beautiful.

No comments: