Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Schedule Police

I am extremely proud of my ability to establish a schedule for Keaton and being very consistent with it, however I will admit that I can get a little out of control with it. I am so strict at keeping things the same every day for him so he doesn't get confused. I find myself texting or calling Erik when he is watching Keaton to make sure he is feeding him on time, putting him down for a nap on time, etc. I know it drives him nuts but I can't help but check in all the time. This is the reason why I do not have other people babysit. I think since Keaton has been born, I had someone else besides me or Erik babysit 2 times (my parents)...and it was only for like 1 hour max when Erik could not get home in time from work before I had to leave. I have a hard time letting others watch him for fear of getting him off his schedule. So, that means that Erik and I have not been out by ourselves in 7 months!!!! We have season tickets to the Hershey Bears but have not been to a game together....we take turns going with my dad or taking a friend. I really need to get better at this. Anyone else have this problem????

Here is Keaton's current schedule...

7:00am-7:30am - Keaton wakes up
7:30am - Breakfast (cereal and/or fruit)
8:00am - 8oz bottle of formula and play time
9:00am/9:30am - Nap time (I do chores around the house or do some work)
10:30am - Wakes up from nap
10:30am - 11:30am - Play time in jumper and floor or runs errands if needed
11:30am - Lunch (veggie or fruit)
12:00pm - 8oz bottle of formula
12:30pm - Nap time (I do chores around the house or do some work)
2:00pm - Wakes up from nap
2:00pm - 3:00pm - Play time or runs errands if needed
3:00pm - 8oz bottle of formula
4:00pm - Nap time (I am making dinner for Erik and I)
5:15pm - Wakes up from nap
5:15/5:30pm - Dinner (veggie)
5:45pm - Small 4oz bottle of formula
6:00pm - Read a book on our special reading chair in his play room
6:15pm - Play time in his jumper and floor time
7:00/7:15pm - Small amount of cereal
7:30pm - 8oz bottle of formula up in his room with the lullabye music playing and lights dimmed
7:45pm - Bath time followed by lotion massage and PJs
8:00pm - Rock for a few minutes and put in crib for bedtime (he is usually asleep within 5 minutes after putting him in crib)

As mentioned above...I am super strict with this schedule but because of my efforts, Keaton is very happy and knows exactly what is going to happen and when. He does not fuss for naps or bedtime and is VERY good at putting himself to sleep in his crib (for naps and bed). I do wish that I can calm down a bit and not get so upset when Keaton gets off his schedule by 30 minutes. I do freak out when he naps too short or too long because it messes up the day but really it doesn't and he still ends up going to bed at the same time....it always works out in the end! I do need to relax and maybe go on a date with my husband sometime soon.


2 comments:

Becki said...

*raises hand*

This is soooo me! I am a crazy schedule freak. I didn't have the option to not have Caleb babysat, so at 6 weeks he started going to my ILs during the day. I would go NUTS because they never kept him on schedule. I'm not sure when I started to settle down about things, but now that he's almost 17 months old (OMG, where did the time go?) I still find that I'm not totally calm about things.

Don't feel bad. You aren't alone, but definitely try to make some time for you and Erik. Keaton will survive and it will be good for him to spend some time with his grandparents. I had to keep telling myself that other people watched me and I did just fine!

Liz said...

Too funny to read different perspectives! Because we're completely the opposite -- each day brings with it its own priorities and schedule.

Granted, Grandma, Grammy and Mimi each have their own babysitting day each week, and Shorty is with Mama the other four days, so we kind of knew a schedule would be near impossible to establish or maintain.

But our little bugger is resilient and adapts well. We all just watch for his cues and follow his lead.