Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 9, 2010

My First Mother's Day

What a wonderful first Mother's Day! I started the morning off with some homemade waffles made by my wonderful husband. Yummy! I then spend some time with my little guy before we headed to dinner with my parents, brother and grandma. This was Keaton's first time in a restaurant since he was born....yes, you read that correctly...it took my nearly 10 months to take him to a restaurant. I know I need to stop sheltering him...I'm working on it. Anyway, I was a little nervous about how he would act in the restaurant (plus we had to wake him up from his nap to make the reservation time) but to my surprise, he did AWESOME! He had a wonderful time sitting in the high chair playing with toys, eating some of my turkey dinner and chatting up a storm to the waitress and other guests. He is such a ham! Erik and I both said to each other on the way home that we should definitely try to out to eat again with just the 3 of us. The evening was then spent playing with some new toys that we bought him yesterday and watching "Toy Story" before it was time for nite nite. I had a lovely day and feel so blessed to be the mother of this precious boy. Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies out there! : )





No comments: